Saturday, April 28, 2012

Reflective Post


I believe that I met all of the requirements that we needed in order to pass this class. When looking back over the syllabus, I am now able to do everything that is listed on it such as: analyzing arguments by identifying claims. To absorb this instruction I did every one of the blackboard assignments Doctor Carey posted and I also always emailed her if I had any questions in regards to what we needed to do. Also, I always paid attention in class. I believe that I did a great job of acquiring the various course requirements that we were required to learn this semester.

My process for writing the major research paper proved to be very effective as I received an A on it. My first step was to write my annotated bibliographies on the many sources that I would use in my paper. My second step was creating a multi-sentence thesis. From there, I began writing my paper and once I had done that, I got my peers to review and edit it. Once I had made all the necessary changes, I turned my paper in on the due date.

I believe that I participated in class on a daily basis. Whenever we had class discussions I would always give my opinion on the subject, and when it was about my topic I created very in depth questions for the class to answer. I always paid attention when Doctor Carey was speaking and I was an avid note taker. I believe that I should be allowed to move forward because I have met all of the requirements and I can take what I’ve learned in this class with me, so that I can be successful in my next English class at this institution.